Seven Signs It’s Time to Invest in Pool Deck RenovationApril 1, 2021 9:59 pm Leave your thoughts
Is your pool deck in need of repair or renovation in Columbia, SC? Spring is the perfect time to whip your backyard back into shape. Before you know it, the weather will be hot and all you’ll want is to take a swim, so it’s time to get started!
Not sure if your pool deck needs some help? Here are the most common signs it’s time to redo your pool deck:
- The paint is chipping: Sometimes pool decks develop paint problems, especially if they weren’t sealed properly in the first place. Paint chips aren’t the end of the world, but they don’t look great, either. Luckily, this is an easy fix: all you need to do is strip the existing paint and redo it. Make sure to seal it properly this time, or leave it to the professionals.
- You’ve noticed mold: Mold thrives in hot, humid environments, which is why it’s such a problem in this area. Your pool deck can be a haven for mold growth, and by the time you notice it growing on the deck, it might be too late. It can easily spread underneath the deck, making it impossible to remove with bleach alone. If the problem is particularly bad, you might need to replace the entire deck.
- The cracks are getting bigger: Like houses, pool decks can settle—and that means tiny cracks may eventually become big problems. Sometimes you can patch and resurface the deck, but in severe cases, you might need to replace the whole thing.
- You can’t get rid of algae: Like mold, algae grows when moisture and bacteria are present—and it can be difficult to get rid of. If you have a wooden pool deck, the algae can infiltrate and take up permanent residence.
- There are chemical stains: Unless you have a saltwater pool, you probably rely on chemicals like chlorine to disinfect your pool water and inhibit algae growth. That can stain your pool deck. It’s not a health or safety hazard like some of these issues, but it also doesn’t look great.
- The color is fading: The longer your pool deck is out in the sun, the more likely the color will fade. In fact, if you haven’t moved pool furniture or planters in a while, you might notice that there’s quite a difference underneath. You can’t fix this—eventually it will completely blanch—so the only thing to do is renovate.
- It’s just plain old: Finally, your pool deck might simply be old, and you’re ready for a change. That’s just as good a reason as any of the others, and it’s a great excuse to update your backyard. Perhaps you want to add a hot tub or change the configuration to suit your needs. The possibilities are endless.
When you need pool deck repair or renovation in Columbia, SC, call the Can Do Plaster Crew right away to schedule an appointment. We look forward to helping you get the most enjoyment out of your investment in your pool!
Categorised in: Pool Deck Renovation
This post was written by Writer