If you’re working to increase the value of your home, you’re likely looking around trying to figure out which projects will get you the most bang for your buck. Renovations are often time-consuming and expensive, so making sure you’re identifying the most cost-effective and efficient ways to increase your property value is essential. So, where do you start?
While big-ticket items like kitchen or bathroom remodeling could dramatically raise your home value, there are smaller budget items that are often overlooked and will have the same effect. For example, not only does resurfacing a pool add value to your home, it’s also an investment you’ll enjoy with your family and friends until you’re ready to sell. Read on to learn everything you need to know about increasing your home’s value with pool renovations.
Pool renovations that will increase your home value
If you want to optimize the value of your home, working to update and renovate your pool could be a real game changer. Not all pool upgrades are big or costly—in addition to renovations, simply making sure your pool is well cared for and beautifully styled can have a big impact. Here are some design ideas that will help you take full advantage of your pool when increasing your home value:
- Update coping and waterline tiles: Before you consider a big renovation, ensure all your pool’s maintenance work is done. Updating the coping and waterline tiles takes your pool from unkempt or outdated to clean and modern.
- Saltwater switch: Changing your pool from a traditional, chlorine-filled pool to a saltwater pool can be a big draw for many potential buyers. Not only is the swimming experience often more comfortable, it also means you won’t have to consistently monitor and maintain chemical levels, since saltwater pools are self-adjusting and self-cleaning.
- Automating systems: Upgrading to automated systems takes a lot of the maintenance work off your plate while also increasing your pool’s sustainability, keeping your pool at an ideal level and temperature all year round without any thought or effort required from you.
- Resurface your pool: If you’re feeling rough patches when you walk around the bottom of your pool or are starting to see dark spots or blemishes, consider getting it resurfaced. While the floor of your pool may be the last thing on your mind, unsightly patches can be a big detractor for new buyers.
- Redesign your pool area: If maintenance or updates to your pool aren’t in the cards for you, consider adding a gazebo, water feature, patio or outdoor kitchen to your pool area. These things all elevate the entertainment factor of a pool, making it a bigger draw to future homeowners.
Whether you want to take on maintenance work, system upgrades or improve the design of your pool, there are many ways to ramp up your home’s value from your backyard. If you are interested in learning more about how a pool remodel can increase your home value, visit the Can Do Plaster Crew online, then call us today to get a free estimate on your project!
Categorised in: Pool Renovations
This post was written by Writer